Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 September 2015

No New Publications from Black Tower in 2016.


After all the recent events I have to say that, yes, from the way things are going, there will be no new publications from Black Tower in 2016.

For September the cover price for books were slashed heavily to try and entice in a few buyers.  Nothing. Which is what I expected and so disappointment does not come into it.  Publishing is not a hobby for me -it's supposed to be a business.  I've tried everything but comic buyers don't care as long as they get their puerile DC and Marvel constant reboots.

The store will stay online because it takes far more effort than I care to give to delete it all.  It's not costing me anything which is good because it does not earn me anything.

For a serious comic publisher the UK is dead. I'm not even going to discuss it as that was done in my last ever post on the subject.

The planned 2016 comic event in Bristol.  Also very unlikely to go ahead now.  Everyone who was really "100 per cent behind this" has decided not to bother.  I am not spending almost £1000 of my money on a day event to sell my own books -it might be more rewarding to put the bank notes in a toilet and flush them away.

There is a point when you have to walk away.  I'm walking away.

Next year I am concentrating on Europe as it is very unlikely there will be a CBO -I am not helping others sell their books without it being a two-way deal and publishers will not do that.

So warning given.

No comments:

Post a Comment